Journey to Africa

Friday, January 20, 2006

Cooking from Scratch

Well, here at training we are doing so many different things. We are learning TONS of information about CPMs, m work and the people who we will be working with. But another part of our training is preparation for life in the bush. As part of that preparation, we had to spend an entire weekend cooking from scratch. This basically meant we had to think about all the things we were told we would and would not be able to get where we are going to be. We had to take that information and create meals for the weekend based on what we knew we would have. Now, for those of you who know me well, you can imagine what I was thinking. "You mean, I can't cook anything from a box?" LOL...I am most definitely NOT a cook. But, once again Father was watching out for me. There are six single girls having to do this assignment and so we decided to all do this together. We all planned out our meals and bought the supplies. And we all helped in the making of each meal. We didn't do too bad...we had pancakes, spaghetti, pizza, rolls....and we are still alive to tell about it!! Although, I must admit, I think we were all glad to see the cafeteria again on Monday morning...even if just to see all the other people again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home