Journey to Africa

Monday, February 06, 2006

Halfway

Well friends, it has been another week at training filled with lots of information and lots of fun! I must say, one of my highlights from this past week was that I was able to experience, for the first time, the delicious delicacies of Chick-fil-a! LOL...my roommates here informed me that I had not truly lived because I had not tasted their fine cuisine. It was pretty good...I'll definitely have to go back sometime before heading over to Africa. I somehow doubt that I'll be seeing many of those over there....

A couple of weeks ago, I survived my first of two immunization clinics. I must say, I did not come out feeling as much like a pin-cushion as I thought I would!! Thanks to Father for that provision!

Another monumental event that has taken place is that we have passed the halfway point in training! I can hardly believe it has already been 4 weeks!! In just a month and a couple of days, I will be boarding a plane headed for Africa!! The excitement that comes is almost overwhelming. To think that I can be a part of this great work going on there!! It is unbelievable that I am being used in this way!! However, please continue to be thinking of my family during this time as the transition is likely to be difficult for all of us!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe its almost time for you to "GO" What an exciting time! You will certainly be missed. Don't forget your bucket!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home