Journey to Africa

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Here are some pix for you!!


Ok...I know it's been forever since I updated this but I am finally at a place with some good internet connection!! So, here are some pix from the past few weeks!! I hope you enjoy them!!

Here I am having some fun with some of the kids in our village. Aren't they great?!?!





This is a picture of one of the houses here. I just wanted you all to get an idea of what they live in. The round building with the triangular roof is the hut and the thing just outside of it is called a tendere, basically it's a shade area where they can work and stay cool.

And here's a picture of me carrying a little girl on my back. This is how the women carry their young children. It's really quite amazing...they can carry their child and have both hands free. All they do is put them on their back and tie them in place with a piece of fabric. The first time I did it, I was so nervous that I was going to drop her!! But we made it and now she asks me to do it all the time!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM, Blogger BandMan said…

    Wonderful pictures. Thank you for all of that. I will show these to many friends.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home