Journey to Africa

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Random Shots

Ok...so since I'm around regular internet access for a few days I figured I would try to get as many pix on my site as possible. So here are some random shots from my life in Niger.


This is me the night before Easter coloring Easter eggs. Thanks to my mom for sending us the coloring kits!! It made us feel like kids again!!




And this is a view on Easter Sunday morning. Melissa and I had our own little sunrise service by the river bed. It was a great way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord!



This is a picture of me in the village. One of the little girls wanted to take pictures with my camera so I was teaching her how. She's become pretty good at it!!


And last, but certainly not least, is the picture of our little surprise we found in our yard one morning! I don't know if Jake, our dog, killed it or drug it into the yard or what. But when I found it, it was dead. That is a HUGE rat!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thats sick i hate rats i don't even like mice.How did you react?I love your dog thier my favorite animal.well i hope you have a fantastic time. ILOVE YOU
    Your little sister
    Lanae

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Rachel!
    I like your blogspot so far. How big is the rat? From the picture it looks like it's as big as an opposum! lol I like what you did with Jake. He is so obediant to let you do that.lol My mom says he looks mean.
    Your "Sister",

    -Kayla Goth

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Bora said…

    That is quite an update... So much fun to read you describtions. I thought you've just mentioned that Jake won't hurt a fly. People have enough reason to scare of Jake after he got the rat. lol.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Girl. Looking at these pictures makes me miss you SO SO SO MUCH!! But it makes me even more proud of what you are accomplishing. I'm thinking of you upwardly. Love, Melissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home