Journey to Africa

Thursday, April 20, 2006

My first true "bush" experience


These past few days were absolutely amazing!! Melissa and I went out to a village to spend somet time in the bush. This is a picture of one of the huts of the Fulani people we were visiting.













This is the bed that I slept in. We slept outside under a mosquito net because it is cooler that way. I also got my hair braided while I was there...so here are some pictures of that.









Yes, my hair really is in a knot!! It REALLY hurt when she was doing it but it was worth it in the end...just the time spent with the women there was worth it!



















Here she is, adding the finishing touches!

This week was one of the best times I have had since I've been here!! Praise the Father for His blessings and for refreshing my spirit!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hola Rachel!!!
    Now is time to practie your spanish!lol
    Your father gave me your blog adress, is amazing all of what you are living there! I really admire you so much!!!
    Love you, take care!!
    And He is blessing you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home