Journey to Africa

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

More pictures of me at home in Guidan Roumdji



Here's me in my room















This is me doing laundry...by hand, of course. There are no washing machines out here. I have to say, that is one luxury that I miss dearly!!! Washing clothes by hand is no easy task...especially in 90 degree weather!!!









One of the popular things to do out here is have henna tattoos. Basically it's a tattoo that stays on for a few weeks and then washes off. So, Melissa and I decided to have it done. It was pretty fun! The girl who did it did it all free-hand. I'm amazed at their talent!! After the stuff dries, they scrape it off your hand and it leaves the dye...then they put a chemical on it that activates it and turns it dark again. It's a long process (it took 4 hours!!) but we enjoyed it!!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger The Weigands said…

    A tattoo that washes off? Now that's my kind of tattoo!!! :)

    ~Shelli

     

Post a Comment

<< Home