Journey to Africa

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A view in the village

Here are some pictures of me in one of our villages. In these first two, I'm telling a story to our group of women who meet each time we come to listen to the stories of the Word. We sit on mats on the ground (in the shade) as I share the story with them in Fulfulde.

In these particular pictures, they are hearing the story of the crossing of the Red Sea.








This is me standing in front of a millet stalk. Millet is the main staple where we live and right now is harvest time. You can see how tall the millet gets! We avoid walking through millet fields so as not to get lost!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look great on the picture.. I miss story telling. It is a a great thing to do and to hear..

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great visiting your site. Joanie and I continue to pray for your faith, health, safety, strength, and wisdom as you serve Him.

    In Christ,
    Keith and Joanie Lassiter
    GP bretheren.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home